Thai Peanut and Quinoa Salad
Thai inspired salad, vegan and colorful. Packs well for lunch.
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce tamari, if gluten-free
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger root grated
- 1/2 lime lime juice
- 2 cup red cabbage shredded
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves chopped
- 2 stalks green onion chopped
- 30 g peanuts roasted, unsalted
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup water
- One part uncooked quinoa will end up with three times as much cooked quinoa. Rinse the quinoa for at least 30 seconds to get rid of the bitterness. In a small pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then decrease to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all the water, about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the amounts of quinoa. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for five minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.1/2 cup quinoa, 1 cup water
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust the seasoning to taste if desired.4 tbsp peanut butter, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp ginger root, 1/2 lime lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and cooled quinoa. Drizzle dressing over your salad just before serving and gently toss to combine. Enjoy!2 cup red cabbage, 2 medium carrots, 1/2 cup parsley leaves, 2 stalks green onion, 30 g peanuts
- This salad keeps well covered and refrigerated, up to 4 days. Store the peanuts and dressing separately and combine with the salad just before serving.
Full nutrition information and step-by-step mode on the Plantiful app.