Updated 18 February 2021
Purpose and scope
The types of information we collect and store
Whenever you access and download PLANTIFUL, we collect from you and process the following personal data:
- Upon login, we collect the following: Full name and e-mail address (if given, the user has the option to sent anonymous data).
- Related to usage, we collect aggregate statistics related to app usage, saved recipes and plans. The app uses third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Find below links to privacy policies of third party services we use:
How we use your personal information
The above personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve, or promote our Service;
- To contact you;
- hen you have opted to receive e-mails;
- To respond to your email inquiries. Specifically, when Visitors or Members send email inquiries to us, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. We do not use the return email address for any other purpose, or share it with third parties;
- o monitor and analyse trends such as: purchase history, sales reports, behaviour on the site, email clicks and opens;
- To market our products and Services through: email marketing, advertising, including retargeting via Google and Facebook notifications;
We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requirements; to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, violations of our policies; or to protect our rights and property.
In the future, we may sell to, buy, merge with, or partner with other businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
You can subscribe to our newsletters and marketing materials though our app, website and other channels and this includes entering competitions through, or subscribing in to receive information from us through other channels.
We will use your personal data to send you the newsletters and marketing materials (by email). We may also send you updates on our products including exclusive offers, promotions and new products.
We have legitimate interest in using your personal data for marketing purposes. This means we do not need your consent to send you marketing information. If we change our marketing approach in the future so that consent is needed, we will ask for this separately and clearly.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletter emails or by contacting us directly.
We will always treat your personal data with the utmost respect and never sell it with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Where we store your personal data and how we keep it secure
Some personal data that we collect from you may be stored and processed outside the EEA by our service providers based in the USA who provide IT, sales, marketing and system administration services (all of whom are Privacy Shield certified).
These measures include:
- transfers of your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection for personal data;
- we have obtained the consent of data subjects to the international transfer of their personal data;
- transfers to organisations where we are satisfied about their data privacy and security standards and protected by contractual commitments such as signing the Standard Contractual Clauses and, where available, further assurances such as certification schemes.
Changes to this policy