As a rule of thumb, a well balanced meal should contain fats, carbs as well as protein to get more of a slow release. This smoothie contains them all!
Preparation time 5 min\
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 2/3 cup, chunks Banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup, small florets Cauliflower, frozen
- 1 1/4 cup Water (adjust the liquid)
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats (soaked overnight with a splash of acid, like apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 cup shelled Walnuts
- 2 serving Vegan protein powder blend, Vanilla
- 1 tbsp, ground Flax seeds
- 1 tbsp Lucuma powder
Don’t have cups, tablespoons, or teaspoons?
Plantiful has an automatic unit of measure converter for peace of mind.
Reduce the Phytic acid in your oats
Soak the oats overnight in enough water to cover them. The next day, drain and discard the liquid.
Tip: The water in which the oats are soaked becomes safe for consumption when a splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar is added to the mixture. In this case both oats and liquid can be added to the smoothie bowl.
Crush the frozen fruits
Add half of the liquid and the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse until the frozen fruits start to break down.
Blend until creamy
Blend until creamy and smooth, adding more liquid as necessary. Use a smoothie wand or spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with desired toppings and enjoy while fresh!
Did you know there is an interactive step by step mode on Plantiful?
One serving contains 481 calories, 30 grams of protein, 20 grams of fat, and 51 grams of carbohydrates.
Convert measurement units, use step by step mode, add ingredients to shopping list, and check out the full nutrition facts label on Plantiful.