Grapes Smoothie Bowl is a balanced meal containing filling and nutrient-rich foods:
1. The frozen fruits add taste, sweetness and thickness to the smoothie bowl while the black grapes are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
2. As a liquid you can use either water or plant based milk. The consistency of the bowl will be different depending on the amount of liquid. Play around until you get the desired result.
3. Oats are a great source of fiber, particularly a soluble fiber called beta-glucan which can help reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases the feeling of fullness. Since they contain phytic acid, it is recommended to let the oats soak overnight with a splash of lemon or apple cider vinegar before consuming them.
4. Nuts and seeds are an excellent source of essential nutrients that people on a plant based diet can find challenging to consume enough of. Each variety has its own unique profile of nutrients, but as a group they typically contain plant based protein, healthy fats, fiber, magnesium, Selenium, Omega 3 fatty acids and so much more.
5. The protein powder adds extra proteins and thickness to the smoothie bowl, but different brands yield different tastes and consistencies. The amount of liquid may need to be adjusted depending on the protein used. Also, be mindful of the brand, look for organic ingredients and a good mix of plant protein sources.
Grapes Smoothie Bowl
- 300 g Banana, frozen Chunks
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Coconut flakes
- 5 g Pumpkin seeds
- 5 g Sunflower seeds
- 5 g Hazelnuts, raw
- 250 ml Oat milk any plant based milk or water, fortified
- 300 g Black grapes, seedless
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats
- 2 serving Vegan protein powder blend My plant-based protein powder
- 2 tbsp, ground Flax seeds
- Soak the oats overnight in enough water to cover them. The next day, drain and discard the liquid. Tip: The water in which the oats are soaked becomes safe for consumption when a splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar is added to the mixture. In this case both oats and liquid can be added to the smoothie bowl.
- Add half of the liquid and the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse until the frozen fruits start to break down.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, adding more liquid as necessary. Use a smoothie wand or spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with desired toppings and enjoy while fresh!