Crispy, satisfying and full of flavour, this recipe will make you crave more!
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 clove Garlic, raw pressed or minced
- 1 fruit Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder Or flakes
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 block Tofu
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil Any cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Mixed salad greens, raw Chopped
- 10 g Peppermint, fresh Adjust quantity to taste
- 2 stalks Green onion
- 1 medium Carrots, raw Julienne
- 1 regular Cucumber, raw Matchsticks
- 100 g Rice noodles, dry vermicelli
- Press tofu using a heavy object or tofu press for 20 to 30 minutes to get rid of the excess moisture. Don't skip this step, this is the key to a delicious and crispy tofu!
- Finely chop the mixed salad, green onion and fresh mint, julienne the carrot (using a julienne peeler or a knife) and cut the cucumber into matchsticks.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Once the tofu has been drained, cut the block into bite-sized cubes. In a large bowl, toss the tofu cubes in oil, salt and cornstarch, until well coated. Arrange the tofu in an even layer and bake for 25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- In a jar or mixing bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Bring water to a boil, then stir in the rice noodles. Cook according to packet instructions.
- Divide ingredients between serving bowls, either neatly separated or mixed well, it's up to you. Drizzle with dressing before serving.
Full nutrition information and step-by-step mode on the Plantiful app.